If you don't see it here please contact us with questions


There are two qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our National Bylaws. An individual must meet both in order to become a member. They are as follows:

1: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently

2: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:

- An authorized campaign medal (see a full list of qualifying medals and badges)
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days

*This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314.801.0800 to request more information.

More detailed information on VFW eligibility can be accessed here

If you are not eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars but you have a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, or spouse who would be eligible then you may apply for membership in the VFW Auxiliary. You can learn more at vfwauxiliary.org.

For VFW Post 1337 Annual membership Dues $45.00 and due on the anniversary of the date you joined the VFW or the date of annual renewal.

Student Vet's Annual membership is $10.
Active Duty members pay no dues
For more membership information including Life Member Dues Download Here 

All American VFW Post 1337 meets once a month
Mount Prospect Moose Lodge 660
Mondays @ 1930hours.
601 N Main St.
Mt Prospect, IL 60056
Guest are more than welcome with the invitation of our Commander who is just as interested in you seeing and understanding what a great organization the VFW is. You'll be glad you came.

We have a Post Service Officer that can help you with questions. Also see our page. Use our contact page to contact him. He will then refer you to a VSO (Accredited Veterans Service Officer) to process your claim and answer other questions.